The first step toward wellness is knowing what your body needs. Massage improves circulation, helps with stress, and can relieve tension.Read More
Relaxation. Pain relief. Increased circulation. Athletic performance recovery/enhancement. More flexibility.
Massage Therapy is a hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. It is also an alternative health option to help alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular overuse and many chronic pain syndromes. It can also greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning, if employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury.
Massage therapists work to improve the circulation of blood through the body and to speed the removal of metabolic waste products from muscles. Their skilled bodywork increases the flexibility of muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues. Some people visit a massage therapist to relieve pain or to warm up before a sporting event. Others just want to relax and reduce stress.Book an appointment What to expect at your first therapy session Benefits of massage
If you don't have much experience with receiving a massage, you're in for a treat. Our therapy sessions are especially designed to help you feel safe and comfortable and get the most out of the body work. Here are some frequently asked questions about your session.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- make sure you know how to find our massage therapy center. You'll find directions here.
- if you're not feeling well, or have a fever, you should not receive a massage. Call to reschedule if you need to.
- on your first visit you'll be asked to complete an information form that takes about 5 minutes to complete. You should plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to complete this form. After your first appointment, you'll be asked to complete a shorter form offering information about your current health and needs for your therapist
AT OUR MASSAGE CENTER
- don't be late! make sure to plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your session so you can complete any paperwork and pay for your session. If you're late, that cuts into your one hour time!
- when you check in at the desk, you'll be asked to choose the services you'd like to receive. If you 're not sure, our reception staff can make a recommendation based on your needs.
- sit back and relax and wait for your therapist to greet you. Enjoy some light refreshment. Restrooms are available.
DURING YOUR SESSION
Once in the therapy room, your therapist will give you information about what to do next.
For some types of massage, like traditional Swedish massage, we'll leave the room while you undress to your comfort level and lay on the massage table under the sheet and blanket with your face in the face cradle. When your therapist returns he/she will adjust the linens and place a pillow or bolster to support your legs. For sports massage, energy work, or Shiatsu massage, it is not necessary to undress. You may want to wear comfortable clothes for maximum effect. It is important for you to know that you will be appropriately covered (draped) during the entire session. That means only the areas of the body being worked on will be undraped.
After your session, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to redress (if necessary)., then escort you to the lobby where you can explore our therapeutic products and talk with the receptionist about your next session.
Some people may experience minor soreness after receiving a massage. It's not unpleasant and is completely natural. If you experience any difficulties after your massage work, or if you have questions, please give the center a call.